Terms & Conditions
Your privacy is critically important to us.
Baseball Card Exchange, Inc. is located at:
Baseball Card Exchange, Inc.
2412 US Highway 41
Schererville, IN 46375
Like most website operators, Baseball Card Exchange, Inc. collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Baseball Card Exchange, Inc.'s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Baseball Card Exchange, Inc.'s visitors use its website. From time to time, Baseball Card Exchange, Inc. may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Baseball Card Exchange, Inc. also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on http://www.bbcexchange.com blog posts. Baseball Card Exchange, Inc. only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below.
Customer acknowledges that he/she has read the Baseball Card Exchange (BBCE) Grading Terms and Conditions set forth below, which constitutes an agreement between Customer and BBCE and applies to this and all submissions by Customer to BBCE.
1. Baseball Card Exchange provides the service of authenticating unopened boxes. Full unopened boxes of Wax, Cello and Rack Packs can be authenticated.
2. The charge for authentication will be 8% of the retail value of the box (minimum charge will be $8 with a maximum of $5,000). The charge will be applied whether the unopened box is deemed “authentic” or “inauthentic”. If the box is deemed “authentic”, it will be wrapped in our shrink wrap with a sticker identifying the box.
3. For rush services, the charge will be 15% of the retail value, with a minimum of $15. Please write "RUSH" in bold letters on the outside of the package.
4. Please note that (a) prices are subject to change without notice; (b) the customer is responsible for shipping charges both ways.
5. BBCE will endeavor to grade items within the time frame, if any, offered as part of an authentication service. However, BBCE will have no liability whatsoever to Customer for incidental or consequential damages due to BBCE's failure to authenticate any items within any time frame.
6. Authentication involves individual judgments that are subjective and require the exercise of professional opinion, which can change from time to time. Therefore, BBCE makes no warranty or representation and shall have no liability whatsoever to Customer for the determination made for any submitted item. After the submission and authentication of an item by BBCE, new information may arise or become available that was unavailable at the time a determination of authenticity was assigned by BBCE to any item. BBCE shall have no liability to customer, and BBCE shall be under no obligation to change a determination of authenticity assigned to an item (unless such an item is re-submitted for authentication) to the extent new information arises or becomes available after a determination of authenticity is assigned by BBCE to any item.
7. BBCE will exercise reasonable care in handling items submitted for authentication. However, if BBCE determines that Customer's item was lost or damaged while in BBCE's possession, Customer will be compensated based upon the fair market value of the item as determined by BBCE’s procedures, which may include filing a claim with our insurance carrier. The declared value you provided with this submission is for estimating the insurance coverage only, and the fair market value of the item may be less than your declared value. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE TOTAL LIABILITY EXCEED THE DECLARED VALUE OF THE ITEM. Such compensation shall be Customer's exclusive remedy for any loss or damage.
8. Customer must inspect all items immediately upon receipt and BBCE disclaims any liability for damage or discrepancies or errors unless reported to BBCE within five (5) days of Customer's receipt of the item(s). Customer agrees to return any incorrectly described item to BBCE upon request for correction and agrees to indemnify and hold BBCE harmless from any and all losses and/or claims caused by the circulation or sale of incorrectly described items.
9. Customer agrees (a) to pay to BBCE all pricing and other charges when due; (b) that any delinquent balances shall accrue interest at the rate of 10% per year until paid (or, if less, the maximum interest rate permitted by applicable law); and (c) that BBCE shall have a security interest in the items submitted, as well as in any other property of Customer in the possession of BBCE (collectively, the "Property"), to secure payment thereof. Customer hereby grants to BBCE a lien against the Property in the amount of any pricing and other charges due and payable pursuant to the terms of this Agreement.
10. BBCE shall have no liability whatsoever to Customer, or any third party for whom Customer may be acting, (i) for any personal injury or (ii) any damage to any item, or otherwise, resulting from the breaking open of BBCE shrinkwrap packaging, or for any damage to any item that BBCE can reasonably demonstrate occurred while the item was not in the custody or control of BBCE including, but not limited to, loss or damage to items while being shipped to BBCE, or while being shipped by BBCE to Customer by a method selected and paid for by Customer.
11. Except as expressly set forth herein to the contrary, BBCE DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, REGARDING BBCE'S GOODS AND SERVICES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
12. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, THE MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY THAT BBCE SHALL HAVE TO CUSTOMER, OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR WHOM THE CUSTOMER MAY BE ACTING, ARISING FROM ANY CAUSE, ACT, OMISSION OR OTHER CIRCUMSTANCE, SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE GRADING CHARGES OR LESS ACTUALLY PAID BY CUSTOMER FOR THE GRADING SERVICES RENDERED BY BBCE WITH RESPECT TO THE ITEMS SUBMITTED FOR GRADING HEREUNDER. IN NO EVENT SHALL BBCE OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES, OR ANY OF ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO CUSTOMER OR ANY OTHER PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
13. If any items are being submitted for a third party, Customer represents and warrants that such third party has agreed and accepted this Agreement and has signed a duplicate copy hereof. Customer agrees to provide that third party signed copy to BBCE at any time upon its request.
14. This Agreement is delivered and accepted in the State of Indiana and it is the intention of the parties that it be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of that State, without regard to conflicts of laws principles. The parties hereby consent to personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts sitting in Lake County, Indiana with respect to any legal action to enforce the terms and conditions of this Agreement or otherwise arising under or with respect to this Agreement, and agree that those courts shall be the exclusive venue for the bringing of such action. Each of Customer and BBCE agrees that the prevailing party shall be entitled to an award of its reasonable attorney's fees, costs and expenses.
15. The terms and provisions in this Agreement and the Customer Agreement, if applicable, constitute the entire agreement of BBCE and Customer (and any third party for whom Customer may be acting) regarding, and supersede all prior agreements and understandings (written or oral) between or among such parties relating to, the subject matter hereof. If any term or provision of this Agreement is determined, by a final and non-appealable ruling or order of a court of competent jurisdiction, to be invalid or unenforceable under applicable law, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any of the other terms or provisions of this agreement.
1. To submit to BBCE, click HERE. Please include the submission form printout inside the package.
2. Ship the package to the following:
Baseball Card Exchange, Inc.
2412 US Highway 41
Schererville, IN 46375
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to Baseball Card Exchange, Inc.'s websites choose to interact with Baseball Card Exchange, Inc. in ways that require Baseball Card Exchange, Inc. to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Baseball Card Exchange, Inc. gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up for a blog at http://www.bbcexchange.com to provide a username and email address.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links To External Sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites, products or services.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
Baseball Card Exchange, Inc. discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Baseball Card Exchange, Inc.'s behalf or to provide services available at Baseball Card Exchange, Inc.'s website, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Baseball Card Exchange, Inc.'s website, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Baseball Card Exchange, Inc. will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Baseball Card Exchange, Inc. discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Baseball Card Exchange, Inc. believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Baseball Card Exchange, Inc., third parties or the public at large.
If you are a registered user of http://www.bbcexchange.com and have supplied your email address, Baseball Card Exchange, Inc. may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what's going on with Baseball Card Exchange, Inc. and our products. We primarily use our blog to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. Baseball Card Exchange, Inc. takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
To enrich and perfect your online experience, Baseball Card Exchange, Inc. uses "Cookies", similar technologies and services provided by others to display personalized content, appropriate advertising and store your preferences on your computer.
Those who engage in transactions with Baseball Card Exchange, Inc. – by purchasing Baseball Card Exchange, Inc.'s services or products, are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, Baseball Card Exchange, Inc. collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor's interaction with Baseball Card Exchange, Inc.. Baseball Card Exchange, Inc. does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.